The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
School of Journalism and Mass Communication
Concentration in Multimedia
B.A. received May 2012 (GPA 3.6)
Study Abroad, Summer 2010 in Sevilla, Spain
• Designed informational graphic about the global demand for shark parts for UNC Galapagos project website. Conducted original research and created artwork based on client’s needs. Published on the UNC Galapagos website.
• Studied fundamentals of visual design, usability-testing and interactive interfaces.
Reese Felts Digital Newsroom Director of Design | August 2011 – May 2012
• Oversaw all design aspects for the website, ensured that deadlines for production were met and designed original content for stories.
• Worked with staff to develop and produce a site redesign that accommodated the mobile and tablet platforms.
• Worked on award-winning interactive projects about the dining hall menu at UNC-Chapel Hill as well as an interactive scoreboard for the UNC men’s basketball team.
Apple Boutique Sales Associate | January 2009 – June 2012
• Performed online brand management tasks, including social media updates and suggestions for marketing strategies.
• Redesigned company business cards according to brand’s aesthetic standards.
• Designed flyers and coupons for promotional events and sales.
Downtown Austin Magazine (DAM) Summer Intern | May 2013 – August 2013
• Created and implemented social media strategies for Twitter and Facebook to produce a drastic rise in online audience for the magazine, including an 80% increase in Twitter followers.
• Photographed and wrote descriptions for over 200 restaurants, shops and entertainment venues in Austin for DAM’s online guide to the city.
• Assisted in graphic elements for the magazine’s new website, including internal advertisement design and creation of wireframes for page layouts.
• Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Flash, After Effects)
• Brand identity creation and implementation
• HTML, CSS, XML, CMS, WordPress
• Marketing and communication
• Social Media networking
• Microsoft Office
• Working knowledge of video editing